We give of our time, resources, personal talents/gifts, and money with a grateful heart toward God. Giving is an act of worship in which we demonstrate that God is first in our lives. In fact, we are giving back to God part of what He has given us, what is already His.
Give by volunteering/serving: Opportunities to volunteer will be apparent to you as you look at the webpages about our Ministries and Missions. A few examples of areas to volunteer/serve in are:
- Care ministries (calling or visiting)
- Worship (lay leader/ bell choir/ usher/ greeter)
- Children’s ministries (teaching/ assisting)
- Youth ministries (teaching/ assisting)
- Adult ministries (teaching/ assisting)
- Outreach ministries (food pantry/ home repair)
- Tech ministries (audio/ video/ webpage)
- Building & grounds maintenance
- Committee member/ moderator/ church clerk
You will find such service to be energizing and a good way to connect with others and make a new friend or two.
Contact a church leader/committee person for more details about opportunities.
Give financially: Financial giving is a necessary aspect of enabling the church’s ministries and missions to be performed.
Recommended ways to give:
- Give online – This is a way to give anytime at your convenience. You can sign in as a guest or register to access more functionality such as being able to set up recurring giving. Go to the e-giving online transaction system at https://e-giving.org/fbcmarionia.
If you are registered, a receipt for your contribution will be automatically sent to you by email. Also, you can view your giving record online anytime. You can specify the source of your funds – Visa, Mastercard, or your bank checking account (the latter requires online registration).
- Give during worship – This is the most common method used today by members at First Baptist Marion. You place your check or cash into an envelope (preferably one that has your assigned giving number) and place it into the offering plate during the Sunday worship time.
- Give by mail – If you are on vacation or away for some other reason, your regular giving can be sent to the church office by mail. The address is First Baptist Church, 1260 29th Street, Marion, IA 52302.